Parts sold or shipped from Fabick Cat can be returned within 30 days of receipt in most cases. All parts are subject to inspection upon return to determine eligibility for return credit. Some products have different policies or requirements associated with them as outlined below.
Caterpillar parts (incl: Cat, Reman, Nexus, etc.) can be returned within 30 days of receipt by shipping or returning the part to any Fabick Cat parts location. Once the item is received, it takes up to 3 business days for the refund to be processed and 4-5 business days for the refund amount to credit your account.
Parts purchased as “used” from Fabick Cat may be returned if they are within the specified Warranty period, and in the same condition, from the time of purchase.
Cores must be returned or exchanged within 30 days and must meet all current Caterpillar criteria for return. Core add charges and no core credit may apply depending on the core criteria specific to the part returned. All core charges are subject to forfeiture if not returned in accordance with this policy and all Caterpillar criteria. Please see your nearest parts location for more details on core criteria.
Allied or Other Manufacturer Parts
Allied or other manufacturer parts can be returned within 30 days if the parts adhere to the return policy for the applicable supplier.
The following items are excluded from Fabick Cat’s Parts Return Policy:
- Parts marked with an * in the N/R column on the Customer Shipping List
- Parts that have ‘Non-Returnable If Opened’ label will not be accepted if opened
- Made as Ordered (MAO) & Direct Ship Parts (including, without limitation, hoses)
- Standard hydraulic tubes and hose assemblies if protective covers have been removed
- Parts that show signs of use, installation or damage will not be accepted
- Electrical components, including Electronic Control Modules (ECM)
- Fluid carrying tubes with the end protection removed
- Glass and other applicable cosmetic parts
- Filters, gaskets, seals, O-rings, bulbs, hoses, chemicals, fluids, lubricants, wiring harnesses, decals/film or kits (that are not sealed) and Caterpillar Bargain List parts, will not be accepted under any circumstances
Parts that are deemed New, Current, and Returnable to the Supplier according to Fabick Cat will be eligible for a credit of the original invoice purchase price (less applicable handling and/or restocking charges). Parts that are deemed New, Current, and Returnable to the Supplier that Fabick Cat does not typically stock must be valued at $50 or more. All eligible parts must be returned within 30 days of purchase to receive full credit. Parts returned after 30 days but within 90 days may be subject to restocking fees, handling charges, or accepted for partial credit, if deemed eligible for return. Returns after 90 days are not accepted.
All parts must be checked against your customer account to ensure original purchase from Fabick Cat. In order to process timely returns and prevent discrepancies, the following list is required for all parts returns:
- Parts returned must be accompanied by a Fabick Cat invoice or packing list
- All parts returned must be in the original packaging in like new condition
Caterpillar parts that are kept in Fabick Cat’s inventory and meet return criteria can be returned within 30 days with no* restocking fee. Caterpillar parts that are not regularly kept in
Fabick Cat’s inventory and meet return criteria can be returned within 30 days but will be subject to a restocking fee that will be determined at the time the return is processed. Allied or
other manufacturer parts will be subject to a restocking fee if applicable. Stocked parts ordered utilizing Fabick Cat’s Customer Pickup (Will Call), Curbside Pickup, or Parts Dropbox Locations that have not been picked up within 10 business days will be returned with no stocking fee. All returns accepted after 30 days are subject to a restocking fee up to 25%.
Non-Stock & Freight Charges
Caterpillar parts that are not inventoried at any Fabick Cat location will be subject to a restock fee plus the cost of any applicable freight charges incurred.