Why Should You Buy Used EquipmentJuly 9, 2015
When Used Backhoes and Skid Steers Make Good Sense
Whether you’re in commercial construction and landscaping or agriculture and municipal work, your ability to be productive rests on having access to the right equipment. Versatile machines like backhoes, skid steers, excavators and more make it possible for businesses of all kinds to get more done in less time. But when purchasing new equipment simply isn’t in the cards, the pre-owned market is a viable option for finding exactly what you need — at a price that makes sense to your bottom line.
In a perfect world, every business would be able to invest in new top-quality heavy equipment representing optimal performance. In the real world, there are often circumstances that prevent businesses from purchasing new equipment. Whether you need to watch your budget or you’re growing quickly and need equipment to match your pace, used equipment can offer various benefits. Buying a used backhoe or used skid steer is often the best choice when:
- You’re temporarily operating on a restrictive spending budget.
- You’re replacing older, out-of-service machinery in your fleet.
- You’re experiencing periods of rapid growth or trying to keep pace through the busy season.
- You’re focused on reducing spending while increasing productivity.
What to Look For When Buying Used Equipment
While buying pre-owned equipment can typically save you anywhere from 20 percent to 70 percent off the new sticker price, the real value is often difficult to calculate — especially if the machines you end up with aren’t specifically suited to your applications, fail to perform to full capabilities, or sap your savings due to more frequent maintenance and repairs.
When you start searching for used backhoes, skids steers and other popular construction equipment, look for a dealer that has:
- A reputation for consistently treating customers with respect and integrity
- An extensive selection of equipment to match your requirements and fit your budget
- An impressive stock of low-hour, well-maintained equipment from leading manufacturers
- A variety of purchasing/financing options and available warranty plans
- Full-service capabilities performed by professionally certified technicians
Contact Fabick Cat for Used Skid Steer and Backhoe Sales in Missouri and Southern Illinois
With local roots in the industry that date back to 1917, Fabick Cat is a trusted source for the best quality and selection in used heavy equipment. We know that not every business is looking for new equipment, which is why we have an extensive inventory of used options. If you’re searching for a way to reduce spending while boosting overall productivity, contact us today for more information and a free quote on used backhoes, used skid steers or any other piece of equipment.