The Benefits of Rental EquipmentApril 23, 2015
Construction, industrial and landscaping businesses constantly wonder whether they should buy or rent Cat® construction equipment. While buying machines certainly makes sense for many businesses, there are other companies that decide to rent equipment instead.
Neither approach is wrong or right – what works in one situation might not make any sense in another. By doing your fair share of research and examining all of your options, you’ll be able to make a better, smarter decision about what’s right for your business.
If you’re in the process of determining whether your company should rent or buy Cat equipment, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of the top reasons.
6 Reasons Why You Should Use Rental Equipment
- It’s perfect for short-term projects. If your business uses an excavator every single day, you might want to consider buying one. However, if you only need the machine for a single project, you would probably be better off renting it. That way, you only pay for the machinery you need. Once you’re done, you can return your machine and be on your way – instead of paying for it when you’re not using it.
- You’ll constantly have access to the newest machines. Chances are, you’re not going to buy a new machine every year. By renting machines when you need them, you’re constantly able to leverage the latest technologies and apply them to every job you do. You’ll work faster and smarter, producing better results.
- Maintenance costs will cease to exist. Say goodbye to opening up your wallet and shelling out money to fix your equipment. You rent it, you use it, you return it – it’s as simple as that.
- You can write off rental expenses immediately. Generally speaking, whenever you buy new equipment, you depreciate the expenses you’ve incurred over the life of your asset. On the other hand, when you rent machines, all of the costs associated with construction equipment can be treated as business expenses. This means you can write them off immediately. Renting does wonders for your cash flow.
- Your parking lot will seem a lot bigger. Without a huge fleet of rarely used construction equipment blocking up your entire parking lot or storage facility, you’ll enjoy a noticeable amount of reclaimed asphalt. Your equipment storage costs will disappear, giving you more cash to invest in other important business matters.
- Transportation costs are eliminated. By choosing to rent equipment instead of buying it, you can eliminate any costs associated with hauling equipment significant distances.
Does renting construction equipment sound like the right decision for you? If you’re still unsure about whether you should buy or rent, please contact Fabick Cat today! We have a full fleet of well-maintained rentals, so you can be confident you’ll find the equipment you need to get the job done.