A natural extension of the Cat® product line, the Cat CT680 Vocational Truck delivers all the power, performance and productivity you expect from Caterpillar. This Class 8 set-forward axle model—ideal for hauling heavy loads—features a spacious and ergonomic cab, industrial styling, vocational-specific engine and transmission options, and bumper-to-bumper support across North America.
The CT680’s set-forward axle, rugged design and industrial styling make it ideal for hauling he...
The CT680’s set-forward axle, rugged design and industrial styling make it ideal for hauling heavy loads or working in extreme conditions. Aluminum alloy cab construction reduces overall weight and extends cab life.
Comfortable drivers are safe, productive drivers. The CT680’s wide, spacious cab is filled with...
Comfortable drivers are safe, productive drivers. The CT680’s wide, spacious cab is filled with ergonomic details to reduce fatigue and thoughtful features to enhance driver comfort, all shift long.
Our ergonomically designed dashboard and center stack layout give drivers complete command and co...
Our ergonomically designed dashboard and center stack layout give drivers complete command and control. All controls, levers, switches and gauges are positioned to maximize safety and minimize fatigue, so drivers can stay focused on the job at hand.
Smooth, Quiet Ride
Our tuned cab air suspension system, premium grade sound insulation kit, and durable routing and ...
Our tuned cab air suspension system, premium grade sound insulation kit, and durable routing and clipping wire system dramatically reduce vibration and cab noise.
Under the hood, the CT680 is powered by a Cat CT Series Vocational Truck Engine with ratings spec...
Under the hood, the CT680 is powered by a Cat CT Series Vocational Truck Engine with ratings specific to vocational truck applications and a horsepower/torque combination to tackle the toughest jobs.
Performance-matched with your engine to deliver rugged durability, smooth shifting and optimum po...
Performance-matched with your engine to deliver rugged durability, smooth shifting and optimum power, the Cat CX31 Automatic Transmission will help you maximize your CT680’s uptime, fuel economy and productivity. (Other transmission options are available.)
Your CT680 comes with the best on-the-ground support team in the business. Your Cat dealer not on...
Your CT680 comes with the best on-the-ground support team in the business. Your Cat dealer not only offers bumper-to-bumper service, but also can help you order the exact truck you need with expertise on custom options ranging from transmissions to suspensions and axles.
- Engine Model
- Cat® CT13 Engine
- Horsepower @ 1700 rpm
- 410-475 hp (305 – 354 kW)
- Engine Type
- Diesel, 4-Cycle
- Inline 6-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio
- Dual Series Turbochargers, Intercooler and Aftercooler
- Combustion System
- Direct Injection
- Lubrication System Capacity
- Coolant Drain Interval
- 600,000 miles (965,606 km)
- Total Engine Weight (Dry)
- 4 Valves Per Cylinder, Overhead Cam Actuated
- Peak Torque @ 1000 rpm
- 1700 lb-ft (2304 N-m)
- Maximum Gross Input Power
- Maximum Gross Input Torque
- 1700.0lb ft
- Transmission Model
- Cat® CX31 Automatic Transmission
- 6 forward/1 reverse
- Torque Converter:
- Cast aluminum design with lock up clutch
- Electro-hydraulic fully modulated, oil cooled, multidisc
- Maximum Input Speed:
- 2500 rpm
- Overall Length with Retarder Option
- Overall Weight (approx.)
- Overall Weight with Retarder Option
- Power Take-Off
- Two side locations and a Cat exclusive high output rear PTO
- Rear PTO Capacity (rotation opposite of engine, at 1.25 engine speed)
- Side PTO Capacity (rotation same as engine, ratio determined by PTO adaptor)
- Set-forward axle, 124-inch bumper to back of cab (BBC)
- 12.25-inch rail size: 120,000 psi yield strength
- Mega Bracket Design
- Meritor & Dana options
- 6x4, 8X6 configurations
- Tandem: Dana Spicer & Meritor 40,000 – 70,000 lbs. Standard truck
- Front Axle: Meritor 12,000 – 20,000 lbs.
- Front Suspension
- Parabolic taper leaf for a smoother ride
- Shock absorbers standard
- Optional two-stage, multi-leaf, shackle-type with shocks
- Rear Suspension
- Hendrickson offerings: HMX, HAS, RS, R & PAX
- Chalmers standard & high articulation
- Capacities from 40,000-85,000 lbs.
- Fuel Tank
- 80-, 100- & 120-gallon capacities
- Single left, dual under cab, or back of cab options
- Aluminum alloy construction
- Cat CX31 Automatic Transmission
- A variety of manual transmissions and the Ultrashift® Plus Vocational Transmission built by Eaton
- On-board Technology
- Vehicle Infotainment System
- Bendix Tire Pressure Monitoring System