CT660 On-Highway Truck
A natural extension of the rugged Caterpillar product line, the CT660 is built for unparalleled driver satisfaction, maximum payloads, unprecedented uptime and low cost of ownership in dozens of applications.
Learn More About This Piece of Equipment
Aluminum alloy cab construction reduces overall weight for maximum payloads
Sloped hood increases visibility and decreases wind drag for improved fuel efficiency.
Modular design allows for quick, cost-effective replacement of damaged components.
The CT660's ergonomically designed dashboard and center stack layout give drivers complete comman...
The CT660's ergonomically designed dashboard and center stack layout give drivers complete command and control. All controls, levers, switches and gauges are positioned to maximize safety and minimize fatigue, so drivers can stay focused on the job at hand.
The CT660 cab is designed for comfort and functionality with its spacious wide cab design. Ergono...
The CT660 cab is designed for comfort and functionality with its spacious wide cab design. Ergonomic details reduce driver fatigue and interior features enhance driver and jobsite safety and productivity.
Less vibration and noise
Premium design and materials dramatically reduce vibration and cab noise.
Aggregates, Agriculture, Asphalt, Concrete, Civil Construction, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Hau...
Aggregates, Agriculture, Asphalt, Concrete, Civil Construction, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Haul, Landscaping, Lease/Rental, Manufacturing, Mining/Quarry, Oil & Gas, Paving, Pipeline, Public Services, Recovery, Road Construction, Sanitation/Refuse, Site Construction, Transportation, Utility, Wholesale & Retail
CAT® CT13 Engine
Under the hood, the CT660 is powered by a Cat CT Series Vocational Truck Engine with ratings spec...
Under the hood, the CT660 is powered by a Cat CT Series Vocational Truck Engine with ratings specific to vocational truck applications and a horsepower/torque combination to tackle the toughest jobs.
CAT CX31® Automatic Transmission
Used for years in vocational applications around the world, the Cat CX31 Automatic Transmission h...
Used for years in vocational applications around the world, the Cat CX31 Automatic Transmission has a proven track record for quality and reliability that helps maximize uptime. And Cat dealers know the CX31 inside and out because they’ve been supporting it in various on-highway applications since 2006.
- Engine Model
- Cat® CT13 Engine
- Horsepower @ 1700 rpm
- 365 - 475 hp (268 - 349 kW)
- Engine Type
- Diesel, 4-Cycle
- Inline 6-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio
- Dual Series Turbochargers, Intercooler and Aftercooler
- Combustion System
- Direct Injection
- Lubrication System Capacity
- Coolant Drain Interval
- 600,000 miles (965,606 km)
- Total Engine Weight (Dry)
- 4 Valves Per Cylinder, Overhead Cam Actuated
- Peak Torque @ 1000 rpm
- 1250 - 1700 lb-ft (1695 - 2305 Nm)
- Maximum Gross Input Power
- Maximum Gross Input Torque
- 1700.0lb ft
- Transmission Model
- Cat CX31® Automatic Transmission
- 6 forward/1 reverse
- Torque Converter:
- Cast aluminum design with lock up clutch
- Electro-hydraulic fully modulated, oil cooled, multidisc
- Maximum Input Speed:
- 2500 rpm
- Overall Length with Retarder Option
- Overall Weight (approx.)
- Overall Weight with Retarder Option
- Power Take-Off
- Two side locations and a Cat exclusive high output rear PTO
- Rear PTO Capacity (rotation opposite of engine, at 1.25 engine speed)
- Side PTO Capacity (rotation same as engine, ratio determined by PTO adaptor)
- Set-Back Axle (SBA), 116-inch and 122-inch Bumper to Back of Cab (BBC)
- Industry Leading Turning Radius
- Durable, heat-treated alloy steel frame rails
- 12.0-inch rail size: 110,000 and 120,000 psi yield strength
- Length variable in 2.0-inch increments
- Available with rail reinforcements: one or two frame reinforcements available
- Superior routing and clipping of all hoses and wires
- Meritor, Dana and Fabco options available
- Front Suspension
- Multileaf, shackle type, single or two-stage spring
- Multileaf, slipper type
- Compatible shock absorber selection
- Rear Suspension
- Hendrickson suspension offerings: HaulMaax, HN, RT/RTE, RS, R, PriMaax
- Chalmers high articulation
- Fuel Tanks
- Fuel tanks available in 60, 80, 100 and 120 gallon capacities
- Single left, single right or dual fuel tanks
- Aluminum alloy construction
- Cat CX31 Automatic Transmission
- Manual and UltraShift Plus Vocational transmissions built by Eaton are also available as options on the CT660