Find the Winter Equipment Rentals You NeedNovember 5, 2015
Heavy Equipment to Help You Get Winter Ready
Different seasons require different types of equipment, but perhaps no season provides as dramatic a transition as fall to winter. When winter strikes, you’re suddenly dealing with uniquely challenging conditions that can make your work more tedious and difficult: snow, ice, short days, cold temperatures and more. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that you have the right winter equipment before cold weather strikes. Should you own or rent this equipment?
Harsh conditions can wear down your own equipment. Winter weather can also necessitate specialized equipment that requires an investment but is rarely used. By renting your winter equipment, you get the function that you need without an up-front investment and without significant maintenance costs.
Here are three types of rental equipment that commonly find use through the coldest months of the year:
- Skid Steers: When you need snow removal assistance, the skid steer is an ideal winter equipment rental. Operators will enjoy a closed, heated cab, as well as heated seats. Multiple attachments help you quickly and efficiently complete a number of tasks, including pushing, sweeping and brushing.
- Backhoe Loaders: This machine is essential for winter work, providing the ability to operate even in wet or heavy snow. Use a variety of attachments, including blowers, blades, pushes and sweepers. Best of all, backhoe loaders can lift snow and other loads into piles of truck beds for removal. Find backhoe loaders that feature climate-controlled cabs and make sure that your equipment includes sufficient lighting.
- Wheel Loaders: Wheel loaders (and compact wheel loaders) deliver the power needed to effectively move heavy loads of winter precipitation. Like skid steers and backhoe loaders, wheel loaders feature a number of helpful attachments — blowers, buckets, pushes and others. Again, like with backhoe loaders, look for equipment that includes climate-controlled features and proper lighting.
Rent the equipment that you need and make sure that your rental equipment features the needed accessories. In winter the days are short and visibility is often limited due to snowy weather. Make sure that your rental equipment includes necessary lighting, both so that you can extend your workday beyond the daylight and so you can remain safe while at work. Visibility is of the utmost importance.
At Fabick CAT, we offer winter rental equipment that helps you work efficiently and productively through the harshest months of the year. We serve St. Louis, Columbia and beyond with high-quality Cat® equipment that delivers the function and amenities needed for effective and comfortable work. We are proud to have served Missouri and southern Illinois for nearly 100 years and would be pleased to provide guidance as you consider your winter equipment rental needs.
Contact us today for winter equipment rentals.
Related Products & Information
- Best Rental Equipment for Winter
- Equipment Rental for Wisconsin Weather
- Fabick CAT Rental Equipment
- Rent a Heater this Winter
- When to Rent a Generator
- Benefits of Rental Equipment
- Vehicle Attachments for Winter Weather
- Preparing for Winter Weather
- Winter Maintenance Tips