Built to Be RebuiltMarch 12, 2015
Certified Rebuild Program: A Second Life for Your Equipment
Your fleet of heavy equipment is one of the biggest investments you’ll make in your business. Like any investment, it pays to do your research ahead of time and make an informed purchase that will deliver years of value. CatÒ machines are known around the world for their outstanding durability and performance — but what can you expect down the line?
One of the biggest benefits of choosing Cat is the company’s Certified Rebuild program. Effectively a “second life” for aging machinery, the Certified Rebuild program restores key assets to like-new condition. It adds critical engineering upgrades and positions your fleet for ongoing success. If you’re in the market for new or used compact construction equipment, the rebuild program means your choice of a Cat machine is one that can be counted on to deliver a lifetime of service. Here’s how it works:
- Your machine is thoroughly inspected, diagnostic tests are run and a customized rebuild plan is developed. A top-to-bottom, 350-point inspection provides a comprehensive picture of what components need to be replaced or repaired.
- The machine is stripped to its frame, and as many as 7,000 wearable items are replaced as necessary. Frames are measured and straightened, hydraulic systems are repaired, and electronic control modules are updated or replaced.
- Important engineering upgrades are added, which ensure that your machine will meet the logistical and regulatory challenges of the future.
- Power train components are inspected and bench-tested to confirm performance standards are met.
- The machine is then reassembled. Critical torque levels, clearances and pressure settings are tested — writing harnesses and electronic components are tested and replaced if needed.
- A rigorous quality control process is undertaken. Turbocharger boost, throttle response, stall speed rpm, transmission response and other performance metrics are confirmed using both instrument and operational testing.
- The machine is repainted and assigned a new serial number.
Rebuild programs are available for a wide range of Cat construction equipment, including the company’s track-type tractors and loaders, excavators, motor graders and more. Aside from comprehensive rebuilds, specialized hydraulic and power train rebuilds are available that concentrate specifically on those areas.
Certified Machine Rebuilds at Fabick CAT
Since 1917, Fabick CAT has worked to help you make the best use of your resources. We believe our clients should make informed decisions about their fleet. If reconditioning an aging machine is likely a more effective solution than replacing it outright, we’ll advise you accordingly.
To assure quality, all rebuilds are completed in our state-of-the-art, contamination-free facility. Completed units also qualify for warranty coverage similar to new. To ensure your rebuilt machine continues to deliver performance for as long as you own it, on-site service is available from our team of factory-trained technicians.
Learn more about the rebuild process, or schedule a consultation — contact Fabick CAT today.